Sunday, August 22, 2010

Perspective

Perspective: a: the interrelation in which a subject or its parts are mentally viewed; also : point of view b : the capacity to view things in their true relations or relative importance.

Mark Batterson has a formula that we use a lot around NCC:

Change of Place + Change of Pace = Change of Perspective

I experienced that in some pretty profound ways last week. I found myself outside my normal ministry context, on a different schedule, interacting with some giants in the faith of our generation. And I walked away with some fresh perspective on community, group life, discipleship, mentoring, and all those great things I get to spend both my waking hours and dreaming hours thinking about and scheming about. I'll be posting some of those thoughts over the next few days.

Community is messy. And discipleship is hard. But it's the dying wish and the final earthly command of Jesus. So if there's anything we must do and do it well, it's that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home