LXVI: Retreat Reflections
It's a little late coming, but I wanted to share some reflections from the 2010 NCC Leadership retreat. Some favorite moments:
- Finding a brown banana on my desk (this is a long-running joke between Team D and the A Team)
- Midnight discussions about whether or not we should write "DRAFT" as text or background on the Bible Reading Plan (the things you get concerned about at midnight)
- Groove Lounge Promo- wow. Eye liner. Silver fingernail polish. Blue spiked hair. John Hasler. And people still went to the Groove Lounge.
- Amanda Giobbi's "interview" with Mark Batterson.
- John Hasler's book title suggestions for Pastor Joel.
- Sacred Roads Route 66 spoof video (after years of making fun of people from the stage at leadership retreat, I should have known someone would be gunning for me some day...little did I know it would be the entire staff!)
- Listing to Pastor Mark talk about vision and kneeling with 200 leaders to thank God for vision and provision.
- Telling the Story of God, from Garden to City.
- Watching Jeremy Sexton and Matt Ortiz and the production guys work magic to get our equipment back.
- Watching our worship band lead with passion...both plugged and unplugged.
- Praying with leaders to commission them for the coming year.
- Reading Andy Pisciotti's newspaper masterpiece.
- Getting snowed in and laughing until I hurt with some great leaders-- new and old.
- Watching Jonathan Shradar and Amanda Giobbi doing their emcee thing.