Saturday, August 11, 2007

Top 10 Reasons for Majoring in Engineering


Ryan and I are currently purging our place in anticipation of a move later this year. Right now, we are targeting our closets. There comes a time in the life of every t-shirt when it's just time to gracefully find its way to the dumpster. A lot of my LSU shirts have made that sad journey today. They are torn with holes and threadbare. One shirt had more holes than cloth.

There is one that is particularly difficult to part with, but it's just time (Mom- it's got a big hole in the front and it's virtually see-through. One more run in the washing machine would probably cause it to disintegrate). It's one of the first t-shirts I bought as a freshman entering the engineering department in 1992. At the top, it says, "The Top 10 Reasons for Majoring in Engineering" and the reasons are listed below:
  1. I wanted a real major.
  2. I thought the computers in CEBA were big screen televisions.
  3. I can't pass without a curve.
  4. I couldn't get into the monastery.
  5. Someone had to know how to tap the keg.
  6. I already had insomnia.
  7. For the free pocket protector.
  8. A free body diagram sounded like a good idea.
  9. I stood in the wrong line at registration.
  10. I always wanted to drive a train.

4 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Regena Sawyer said...

You know how nostalgiac I am. It makes me sad about the engineering shirt. I can remember seeing you wear it for the first time. I think we still have all of your and Laura's t-ball and soft ball jerseys and Playhouse in the Park t-shirts. And remember that "baseball club" t-shirt? If memory serves me correctly, that was acquired from sending in some cereal box tops. We also have all (or most all) of the dancing costumes from your and Laura's dance recitals? How can we be moving into a smaller house???

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Regena Sawyer said...

I saw your cousin Joseph today, and he is starting his freshman year as a mechanical engineering major. Do you think he could use some of the engineering textbooks?

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Heather Z said...

I decided to keep the shirt as a dust rag. Just couldn't bring myself to stuff it into the trash can.

Mom- let me know if Joseph wants any books.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

You could have always saved the shirts and cut them into squares and made a t-shirt quilt. I keep thinking that I'm going to do that so I keep my t-shirts. Of course I'll probably be 87.5 years old by the time I get the quilt made, but whatever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home